Making the case for smart cards for the average user

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Sun Mar 15 13:57:21 CET 2015

> Thanks for your thoughtful response. I think it's absolutely true
> that different people have different security needs, but I wonder if
> we can't make progress for an average person's use case.

I disagree: I don't believe there is an "average person" or an "average
use case".

But please, don't mistake this for discouragement!  I just want to
caution you against judging your efforts by an impossible standard.
Your efforts are very unlikely to be "the solution", because (IMO) there
is no single solution.  But that does not invalidate the benefit some
will receive from what you do.

Really, please read this as strong encouragement.  But please don't
judge your success by an unachievable goal.  You deserve better
treatment than that.  :)