GnuPG 1.4.19 - Encryption Questions

Clark Rivard CRivard at merkleinc.com
Mon Mar 23 15:34:14 CET 2015

Hi

I installed GnuPG 1.4.19 - Command Line Only (ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/binary/gnupg-w32cli-1.4.19.exe 1586k)

I had existing keyrings and trustdb that I copied over to a new location.

I am now trying to encrypt a file using the "homedir" option to point to the copied keyrings but am getting this error message:

        gpg: keyblock resource '\secring.pgp' : file open error

        gpg: keyblock resource '\pubring.pgp' : file open error

I have done several Internet searches in attempt to resolve but have been unsuccessful.  Any ideas and help would be appreciated.

Also - I cannot locate the config file (gpg.conf)?  I search the server but no hits.  Is there not a config file with this version?