GnuPG 1.4.19 - Encryption Questions

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.email
Mon Mar 23 20:25:06 CET 2015

On 3/23/15 11:59 AM, Clark Rivard wrote:
> However, FC is telling me the files have differences.  Is this a valid
> way to verify the encryption results are the same - or will they not be
> the same?

It is expected that the encrypted files will be different, for several
"mechanical" reasons which are not terribly interesting.

The only way to confirm that the contents of the file are the same is to
decrypt them. However it is overwhelmingly unlikely that there will be
anything different about the contents.

hope this helps,

Doug

--
I am conducting an experiment in the efficacy of PGP/MIME signatures.
This message should be signed. If it is not, or the signature does not