generating revocation certs non-interactively

luis luis at greenhost.nl
Tue May 5 01:14:27 CEST 2015

Hello everyone,

I am working with a friend on project to try and get lots and lots of
people on encrypted email at an event using something like a photobooth.
At the end of the experience you leave with a keypair and little gift
wrapped with your revocation cert.

To do this efficiently we are using the batch generation option, I have
a set of scripts that can generate the key, copy it to the final user's
media and then shred it. It all works like a charm. Along with the
keypair we would also like to generate a revocation certificate. Keys
are passwordless, so at first I thought that it should be straight forward.

I couldn't find any documentation on how to do the same batch generation
for the revocation certificate. So I'm a little stuck. The --gen-revoke
option prompts the user for 4 questions for a passwordless key, 5 if the
key has a password and I couldn't get around this.

I have tried the python wrapper, but the python API doesn't seem to
expose revocation certificate generation.

Calling the --gen-revoke option in combination with the --batch option
returns:
gpg: can't do this in batch mode

So maybe this is so by design?

How could I get around the interactive process and generate the
certificate programmatically?

I have also tried pexpect to 'mock' user input to bypass interaction, no
success there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Luis.

- --
Luis Fernández
Greenhost - Duurzame Hosting en Digitale Veiligheid
Weesperstraat 3
1018 DN TS Amsterdam
T: 020 489 4349
https://greenhost.nl

You may verify my identity using these weird numbers
7F1D B683 6410 EB2E 4459 0CCA 758D 90BB 2857 4DFE
https://keyserver2.pgp.com/vkd/DownloadKey.event?keyid=0x758D90BB28574DFE