[Announce] GnuPG 2.1.4 released

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Wed May 13 02:29:51 CEST 2015

Thanks for your report.

On 05/13/2015 06:10 AM, MFPA wrote:
> Have some of the keyserver options changed between GnuPG versions
> 2.1.3 and 2.1.4? After installing 2.1.4 (on Windows XP), I keep
> seeing:-
>
> gpg: keyserver option 'tls' is unknown
> gpg: keyserver option 'verbose' is unknown
> gpg: keyserver option 'include-disabled' is unknown
> gpg: keyserver option 'auto-pka-retrieve' is unknown

The message "unknown" is new in 2.1.4.

These options have been unknown for GnuPG 2.1.  The change makes
inform users about these unknown options:

http://git.gnupg.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=gnupg.git;a=commitdiff;h=c4d98734c5df39f57a71f0ec1c0c80e82ff08508

The options 'tls', 'verbose' and 'include-disabled' are options for
keyserver helper programs of GnuPG 1.4 and 2.0, which are irrelevant
for GnuPG 2.1.  For 'verbose', I think that you'd specify it in
dirmngr.conf if needed.

I think that auto-pka-retrieve was renamed to honor-pka-record in 2006.

I think that we need to review g10/options.skel and doc/gpg.texi for
GnuPG 2.1, as they still have an entry for 'include-disabled'.