What Linux kernel configuration options are required by GPG for --refresh-keys?

Daniel Bomar dbdaniel42 at gmail.com
Thu May 14 04:41:26 CEST 2015

I'm using Arch Linux and running a custom kernel (version 4.0.2) and
I'm unable to use the --refresh-keys function.  I know the kernel is
the problem because when I reboot into the ARCH distribution kernel
(also version 4.0.2) it works fine.  It's only my custom kernel that
has this issue.  I need to know what configuration options GPG
requires so I can compile in the required features.

Here is the error I'm getting.

#  gpg --homedir /etc/pacman.d/gnupg --refresh-keys
gpg: refreshing 80 keys from hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
gpg: keyserver refresh failed: Address family not supported by protocol