Creating a new Identity

Alfredo Palhares masterkorp at masterkorp.net
Thu May 14 18:04:39 CEST 2015

Hello everyone,

I am finally planning on leaving the nickname I choose as a kid for my email.

So I bough the palhares.me domain (my last name) and I will be setting Postfix
for that email alfredo at palhares.me, with that, I want to have the best possible
GPG Keypair.

I've been doing some reading[1][2] and I plan to create a master keypair to a
set of subkeys for my laptop and another for my smartphone, but right away I
have the following questions:

- I use a password manager[3] to store my passwords and share them across
  devices, since they would be to separate keys, I would need to encrypt for to
  separate key IDs right ?

- How do you store your master GPG key offline ?

- Comming from another email and GPG what would be the best method to prove I am
  the person that used masterkorp at masterkorp.net email and X key id ?

[1]: https://alexcabal.com/creating-the-perfect-gpg-keypair/
[2]: https://www.gnupg.org/gph/en/manual.html
[3]: http://www.passwordstore.org/