What Linux kernel configuration options are required by GPG for --refresh-keys?

Daniel Bomar dbdaniel42 at gmail.com
Fri May 15 16:20:01 CEST 2015

I verified this to be the case in Wireshark.  It's sending both A and
AAAA queries for hostname vod.ohai.su (not sure how it got that from
pool.sks-keyservers.net but whatever probably not relevant.)  However
it's only GPG that seems to do this.  If I ping either of those
hostnames it sends only an A query.  Same for my web browser and all
other traffic I observed.  It's only GPG that's trying to do these
AAAA DNS queries.

How do I change my resolver as you suggested?  I don't have any kind
of special setup.  I'm just using Google's public DNS (8.8.8.8 and
8.8.4.4) set in /etc/resolv.conf along with a static IP.