multiple instances of gpg-agent

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon May 18 12:29:03 CEST 2015

On Mon, 18 May 2015 03:02, 2014-667rhzu3dc-lists-groups at riseup.net said:
> I have read several times that multiple instances of gpg-agent is not
> good. But I regularly see six or seven listings of "gpg-agent.exe" in
> Task Manager or Process Explorer. If I don't re-boot in the meantime

I have only seen two and since the auto-start process locking you should
never see more than one.  In any case the agent checks its own socket
and if it is not connected to itself it will terminate itself.

You see different agents for different GNUPGHOMEs and users; this is okay.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner