Generating 4096 bit key fails – why?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Nov 2 15:31:20 CET 2015

On Tue, 27 Oct 2015 20:47, mls at dabpunkt.eu said:

> AFAIK the card doesn’t support 4096 bit keys. The webpage given by you
> says the same AFAIS:

The ZeitControl v2 OpenPGP cards have always supported 4096 bit RSA.
However we only stated 3072 because back then GnuPG was not able to
handle keys larger than 3072 (IPC issue between gpg, gpg-agent, and
scdaemon).  This has been resolved a long time ago.

BTW, g10 code site is a bit out of date due to problems with the rewrite
of org-mode's exporter system some years ago.  I started to fix the site
build system yesterday but it is not finished.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner