TOFU for GnuPG

Andre Heinecke aheinecke at intevation.de
Tue Nov 3 16:56:27 CET 2015

Hi,

On Tuesday 03 November 2015 16:34:39 you wrote:
> At Tue, 03 Nov 2015 16:10:24 +0100,
>
> Andre Heinecke wrote:
> > Don't we need to lookup the new key anyway to make validity decisions?
> > Until then we assume "Unknown" trust.
>
> In the verify case, yes.  But what about the sign case?  We just see
> that the old key has been revoked, but we don't know what the new key
> is.

I assume you mean the encrypt case (I don't see how this affects sign)? But
still I don't see a problem there. If you don't have a valid key to encrypt
to. You need to get a different key. How is the trust model involved in that?

Once you have that new key you can do the UID / Signature checks I suggested.

Regards,
Andre

--
Andre Heinecke |  ++49-541-335083-262  | http://www.intevation.de/