Crowdfunding USB Security Key for Email- and Data-Encryption - Nitrokey Storage

Malte malte at wk3.org
Fri Nov 20 11:26:26 CET 2015

Hi,

very nice!

Two questions/remarks, though:

On Thursday 19 November 2015 22:37 Jan Suhr wrote:
> The firmware and hardware of Nitrokey Storage have already been verified
> by Cure59, a professional third-party security auditor.

How do you deal with the findings of the audit?

(https://cure53.de/pentest-report_nitrokey.pdf and https://cure53.de/pentest-report_nitrokey-hardware.pdf, for the inclinded reader. And yes, it is
cure53.)

> Nitrokey is made entirely in Germany […]

Can we _please_, for the love of all that is dear to us, stop advertising with
nation-states as quality property? It might sell more sticks, but it fosters a
sense of trust where there must be none.

Sincerely,

Malte