Seperate Session Key and Encrypted Data

Anthony Papillion anthony at cajuntechie.org
Thu Oct 1 17:09:32 CEST 2015

On October 1, 2015 9:38:13 AM CDT, Christian Loehle <cloehle at linutronix.de> wrote:
>I want to use gpg to encrypt a potentially large file to some
>(cloud-like) storage provider, the recipients are not known at the time
>of uploading.
>What I want to do is to send the encrypted session key of the file to a
>recipient, when I 'add' them, without re-uploading or even touching the
>original (encrypted) file.
>This should be possible, does anyone know how to? I'm also open to
>other
>suggestions.

Is there any reason why you can't just symmetrically encrypt it then send an encrypted message to them with the passphrase using their PGP key?

--
Phone:          +1.845.666.3312
Skype:           CajunTechie
SIP/VoIP:      17772471988 at in.callcentric.com
PGP Key:       0x53B04B15
Fingerprint:   C5CE  E687  DDC2  D12B 9063  56EA  028A DF74  53B0  4B15