AW: Seperate Session Key and Encrypted Data

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Sat Oct 3 18:30:18 CEST 2015

On Fri 2015-10-02 04:10:16 -0400, Christian Loehle wrote:
> Thanks for your reply(and all the others of course).  Personally I'm
> going to use non-pgp AES probably, although I'm not quite content with
> that.

AES is a cipher for a single block.  For files larger than the block
size, you'll need to use it in some sensible mode like AES-GCM.  All
modes of course require a high-entropy key and some of them require a
well-chosen nonce or IV (initialization vector).  Please use caution in
making these decisions!

       --dkg