cv25519 subkeys not sent in recv-keys or shown in search-keys

Kristian Fiskerstrand kristian.fiskerstrand at sumptuouscapital.com
Sat Oct 10 10:29:23 CEST 2015

On 10/10/2015 01:50 AM, Scott M wrote:
> Using gpg2-2.1.8 with libgcrypt-1.7.0-beta262, I did the
> following:

> However, when I search-keys for the hexid of the encrypt subkey, it
> returns the master public key, so the server knows about the
> subkey. Then why doesn't it send to me when I --recv-keys ? For
> that matter,
> http://keys2.kfwebs.net/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x9300DF68

You should get it if you append &clean=off to the get query, i.e.
https://sks-keyservers.net/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x9300DF68&clean=off

(that is using the same server cluster)

> does output my keys, but does not show the very key that was
> searched for!
>
> Is it possible the server supports ed25519, but not cv25519? Are
> there any keyservers known to support both these key types? It
> seems that almost all do not, even keys2.kfwebs.net (got this one
> from #gnupg).

That is very possible, as there is not yet an ID except for
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-koch-eddsa-for-openpgp-01.txt for
curve25519 related keys

--
Kristian Fiskerstrand