absolutely nothing to panic over

david at gbenet.com david at gbenet.com
Sat Oct 24 05:49:11 CEST 2015

listo factor:
> On 10/06/2015 02:07 PM, Robert J. Hansen - rjh at sixdemonbag.org wrote:
>> Australian researchers have figured out how to make a quantum gate on a
>> silicon chip. [...] there's absolutely nothing to panic over.
>
> Yup, instead of panicking, we should simply acknowledge the fact
> that secret communication is not possible without out-of-channel
> key exchange. The dream of circumventing this fact of life with
> the alchemy called "public key cryptography" is quickly coming
> to its end. It was nice while it lasted, but now is the time to
> move on. Like every change of massive technical infrastructure
> built on weak foundations this will be difficult and there
> will be casualties, but mostly among those that refuse to
> abandon public key cryptography as soon as they possibly can.

You say time to move on - but what? We may well still have public key cryptology - and avail
ourselves of quantum physics on a silicon chip :)

David

--
“See the sanity of the man! No gods, no angels, no demons, no body. Nothing of the
kind.Stern, sane,every brain-cell perfect and complete even at the moment of death. No