GnuPG modern can't genereate keys on my Windows

Ivan Markin twim at riseup.net
Wed Sep 2 03:26:40 CEST 2015

I'm also not able to generate keys in 2.1.7 on my Gentoo machine. It
generates Ed25519 without errors (a typo: GnuPG says that it would use
Curve25519 for signature not Ed25519). Because there is no option to
create Curve25519 at the beginning with Ed25519 one I'm trying to
`addkey` later. Error seems to have same origins as Windows one:

gpg (GnuPG) 2.1.7; Copyright (C) 2015 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Secret key is available.

sec  ed25519/125F3B9D
     created: 2015-09-02  expires: 2016-09-01  usage: C
     trust: ultimate      validity: ultimate
[ultimate] (1). Ivan Markin <twim at riseup.net>

gpg> addkey
Please select what kind of key you want:
   (3) DSA (sign only)
   (4) RSA (sign only)
   (5) Elgamal (encrypt only)
   (6) RSA (encrypt only)
   (7) DSA (set your own capabilities)
   (8) RSA (set your own capabilities)
  (10) ECC (sign only)
  (11) ECC (set your own capabilities)
  (12) ECC (encrypt only)
  (13) Existing key
Your selection? 12
Please select which elliptic curve you want:
   (1) Curve 25519
   (2) NIST P-256
   (3) NIST P-384
   (4) NIST P-521
   (5) Brainpool P-256
   (6) Brainpool P-384
   (7) Brainpool P-512
Your selection? 1
gpg: WARNING: Curve25519 is not yet part of the OpenPGP standard.
Use this curve anyway? (y/N) yes
Please specify how long the key should be valid.
         0 = key does not expire
      <n>  = key expires in n days
      <n>w = key expires in n weeks
      <n>m = key expires in n months
      <n>y = key expires in n years
Key is valid for? (0) 1y
Key expires at Thu 01 Sep 2016 01:22:10 AM
Is this correct? (y/N) y
Really create? (y/N) y
We need to generate a lot of random bytes. It is a good idea to perform
some other action (type on the keyboard, move the mouse, utilize the
disks) during the prime generation; this gives the random number
generator a better chance to gain enough entropy.
gpg: agent_genkey failed: Invalid flag
gpg: Key generation failed: Invalid flag

--
Ivan Markin