Scdaemon log

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Thu Sep 10 04:01:08 CEST 2015

On 09/10/2015 05:17 AM, Kostiantyn Chertov wrote:
> I am trying to use my smart card with GnuPG 2.1.7 on Ubuntu. I hope it is
> p15 card but gpa 0.9.7 discard it.

Please note that SCDaemon only supports OpenPGPcard and its
compatibles for the operations of gpg frontend.  We have app-p15.c for
some PKCS#15 cards, and it would work with gpgsm frontend.

> As far as I understood the Scdaemon log could help me to locate the
> problem. But I am a beginner in Linux and probably miss something.
> I tried to set:
>
> log-file /var/log/scd.log
> debug-level guru
> debug-all
> debug-ccid-driver
>
> in the ~/.gnupg/scdaemon.conf but the expected log file was not updated by
> the scdaemon.

This is correct.  I think that you also need to add a line of:

  disable-application openpgp nks

in ~/.gnupg/scdaemon.conf when you try to use PKCS#15 cards.

You can test if it works by following command:

   $ gpg-connect-agent "SCD SERIALNO p15" /bye