gnupg-for-java

Antony Prince antony at blazrsoft.com
Thu Sep 10 23:17:05 CEST 2015

On 09/09/2015 10:45 PM, Antony Prince wrote:
> since maven is actually controlling the ant build. My objective
> currently is to produce the binaries for Linux since the default maven
> build creates the *.jar and *.so files needed to make this process
> easier for those who prefer pre-compiled binaries without having to
> figure this all out. My only concern is whether the compiled binary and
> library file are architecture specific which will require more
> investigation on my part. I should be able to get it going on Travis CI
> with pretty much the exact source from Guardian Project other than the
> additional files required by Travis CI. Once all that is going good, I
> can turn my attention to possibly updating deprecated methods of JUnit
> that are used.

I've finally configured the Travis CI builds[1] and got them to upload
to my FTP server[2]. The hosted files are compiled by Java 7, but also
compiled with Java 8 first by Travis to make sure they build on both.
The MD5 and SHA1 sums are echoed into the terminal during the Travis
builds so users can verify that the files on the FTP server are actually
the ones built by Travis and are also included in separate files on the
FTP server for verification. The code used is verbatim from Guardian
Project[3] with the additional files I added[4] and messed around with
to get it to build on Travis and upload to my server. I still have not
tested to see if they are architecture specific. The only other issue I
could think of would be version differences since I'm assuming that the
*.so file created links to gpgme on the current system (The build failed
without gpgme installed). I'm not 100% sure how to test the
functionality of the binary and library, so if anyone wants to give it a
go, I'd be glad to hear the results. The ftp server[2] allows for
anonymous download.

[1]https://travis-ci.org/HellUnit/gnupg-for-java/
[2]ftp://blazrsoft.com/
[3]https://github.com/guardianproject/gnupg-for-java
[4]https://github.com/HellUnit/gnupg-for-java

--

Antony Prince

Key ID: 0xAF3D4087301B1B19
Fingerprint: 591FF17F7A4AA8D0F659C482AF3D4087301B1B19