OpenPGP card v2.1 and Cherry ST-2000U - Only 1024-bit keys are possible

Guan Xin guanx.bac at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 13:14:54 CEST 2015

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 3:11 AM, NIIBE Yutaka <gniibe at fsij.org> wrote:

> I think that you are using some Unix Operating System.  Could you try
> to use PC/SC service, by installing pcscd (and libccid)?  If it works,
> I think that it's the issue of timeout management of internal CCID of
> GnuPG.

Hello NIIBE,

I tried the combination of
  pcsc-lite-1.8.14
  ccid-1.4.20
  gnupg-2.0.29 (configured with --disable-ccid-driver)
Both 2048 and 4096-bit keys can be generated without error.
Also tried gnupg-2.0.29 using its internal ccid-driver with debug output
enabled in "$HOME/.gnupg/scdaemon.conf". There was indeed a timeout.

Thomas, Thank you for your information! It's good to know
that gnupg 2.1.6 works, though I have have no time to setup
a test system for modern gnupg (2.1.x) at present.

Thank you all, and
Regards,

Guan