Decryption fails with 4096bit key on SmartCard

Marcus Ilgner marcus.ilgner at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 15:26:11 CEST 2015

Thank you for the hint. I updated the gist at
https://gist.github.com/milgner/b823685c8a5960f1f13b to include both the
output of `gpg --card-status` (which works fine) as well as the log for
trying to decrypt with CCID disabled in scdaemon.conf (which unfortunately
it yields the same error as before).
I don't know enough about the workings on the chip to make any guess about
possible origins of the error but I would have thought that all data stems
from the secret key? I.e. the key is moved to the card in full and the
blinded/public key as well as the fingerprints are derived from it there?
Also I did not receive any errors before, all other operations seem to work
fine.

So, again, thanks for helping to investigate! I hope we can find a solution
to this :)

All the best
Marcus