Own Mail: PGP running on local server; Is it secure

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Mon Sep 28 19:59:26 CEST 2015

On 28/09/15 19:00, Robert J. Hansen wrote:
> Cryptography is not like virginity, where once you lose it it's gone
> forever.

I think they mean that your private key material is compromised, meaning
"þey"[1] can decrypt any future messages encrypted to that key. Sloppily
formulated, but I don't think they mean you've lost your crypto virginity <grin>.

I agree with the rest of what you say, they are full of crap. Just nitpicking here.

Peter.

[1] Hey, I just thought of a way to ominously spell "they" as a sort of
three-letter agency thingy; just use a thorn!