Non-interactive PIN not accepted, gpg hangs

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Wed Sep 30 13:19:50 CEST 2015

On 30/09/15 11:20, Laurent Blume wrote:
> I really, really need it to be non-interactive.

You can't unlock the card when the server is booted and then leave it
unlocked for the whole time the server is up? You could do it in an SSH
session, when correctly set up.

The OpenPGP Card does not permit operation without a PIN.

There's a new feature in 2.1, loopback pinentry. Perhaps that allows you
to provide the PIN non-interactively on booting up the server? I haven't
tried the feature, though. Loopback pinentry is the replacement for
--passphrase-fd, AIUI.

HTH,

Peter.