Decryption fails with 4096bit key on SmartCard

Mateusz Zalega mateusz at nitrokey.com
Wed Sep 30 21:46:37 CEST 2015

Hi Marcus,
> Ok, I'm not sure whether someone from the Nitrokey team is following this
> list, so I'll contact them and ask them to reproduce this. The card claims
> to support 4096bit and since the key is on the card it should be possible
> to use it, too... Fingers crossed... ;)

I got a heads-up just today, thanks for sharing your problem!

I assumed you're using Nitrokey Pro.

I couldn't reproduce your case both using package versions you mentioned
and slightly earlier ones available in Debian-testing I use for
development. Each time I generated a 4096-bit RSA encryption subkey,
successfully copied it to a OpenPGP 2.1 card and decrypted using it.

Could you send a detailed list of steps that need to be taken to
reproduce this bug? Otherwise I can't really address it.

Best,
Mateusz