where is gnupg configure file

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Sat Apr 2 12:42:31 CEST 2016

On 02/04/16 02:06, mick crane wrote:
> is clearer I think but issue is does jessie apt work with gpg being gpg2 ?

apt will not ever use gpg2. On a normal Debian system, GnuPG 1.4 is
always installed. However, you can install and have installed GnuPG 2.0,
which will just be an additional installed package. It will in no way
replace anything from the GnuPG 1.4 package.

When you type (just as an example)

$ gpg --version

you will be using GnuPG 1.4.

When you type

$ gpg2 --version

you will be using GnuPG 2.0.

To reiterate, apt will always use GnuPG 1.4 from the gnupg package (and
gpgv from the gpgv package). You can use GnuPG 2.0 by starting your
command line with gpg2 as the program name.

This is all for Debian jessie. In the next release, some things will change.

HTH,

Peter.