Perform only asymmetric encryption/decryption

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Apr 11 15:16:17 CEST 2016

On Sun, 10 Apr 2016 12:56, erik.nellessen at informatik.hu-berlin.de said:

> No, this is not about encrypting large amounts of data with asymmetric
> encryption. ;) It is about encrypting and decrypting small strings,
> which are still way smaller than the public/private key. So I guess

You better stick to the hybrid encryption scheme unless you want to
violate implicit security assumptions.  In particular we know that we
use the public key algorithm to encrypt a random string (the session
key).

In any case you are working outside of the OpenPGP spec and thus you
would be better off to have someone design you a new protocol to suit
your special purpose.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner