Deleting a smart card secret key stub from the secret keyring

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Apr 12 19:08:44 CEST 2016

On Mon, 11 Apr 2016 14:13, w at uter.be said:

> How do I tell GnuPG that this secret key is no longer in existence, and
> that it should remove it from its list of secret keys? I've removed it

  gpg --with-keygrip -k b36c8212

Which gives you a /Keygrip/.  For a card based key gpg-agent creates a
file

  ~/.gnupg/private-keys-v1.d/KEYGRIP.key

to store public key parameters and the serial number of the card,. so
that gpg-agent can ask you to insert the card it wants to use.  Just
delete that file, howeverit will e re-created whe you insert a card.

  gpg-connect-agent 'keyinfo --list' /bye

prints a list of all keys known by gpg-agent with additional
information.

  gpg-connect-agent 'help keyinfo' /bye

documents the used output format.

Shalom-Salam,