making a Debian Live CD for managing GnuPG master key and smartcards

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Tue Apr 26 14:52:28 CEST 2016

On 26/04/16 14:23, Dashamir Hoxha wrote:
> Peter, I already know your opinion on my project and my modesty,
> you don't have to bash every message that I write.

Quote or it didn't happen. I think I've treated you respectfully, though
I already noted my first reply to your first message here could have
been framed nicer. But that was the single exception.

The respect is starting to evaporate a bit at the moment, though.
Besides, I haven't spent much time on a lot of your messages, let alone
respond to every one of them or anything near such a thing.

> I hope that you will tolerate my lack of modesty, what else can I do?

Not impose extra work on random people[1], put your personal opinions in
proper perspective and represent your project as what it is, i.e., a
brand-spanking-new piece of code, one developer and a very small user
base? Or am I also wrong about that?

By the way, if I disagree with advice you give others here, such as here
advising to include your tool on the live CD, or the other day pointing
a new user to some webpage claiming he needed something more than the
default settings and do difficult stuff without knowing anything about
their requirements other than that they were already having some
difficulty with GnuPG in the first place, I will say so. Even if it
takes a ridicully long sentence that should probably be split into
proper parts. And I do it without bashing your messages, even though you
seem to take it personal.

Peter.

[1] I'm thinking of suggesting to someone they translate your project
when this person clearly indicates they'd like to reach a broad user
base with the effort they spend on that, and other instances.