Import a pkcs12 certificate chain

Ian Prideaux worzel at gmx.co.uk
Tue Apr 26 14:47:40 CEST 2016

Hi All,

I've got a system which exchanges files with third parties. One of them
requires that the key is generated from a certificate. I create the CSR
and get it signed by a CA. I then create a pkcs12 file containing the
CA's root & intermediate certificates, and the certificate that they
created from my CSR. We then send our certificate to the third party.

Currently, I'm using
PGP Command Line 10.2 build 335 Copyright (C) 2011 Symantec Corporation
but I want to start using
gpg (GnuPG) 2.0.27 libgcrypt 1.5.3
because that's what's supplied in Solaris11u3.

The Symantec command is:
pgp --new-passphrase newpp --passphrase oldpp --import CertificateChain.p12

However, I can't figure out what the gpg2 command is, or even if gnupg
is capable of this. I don't really understand what this is achieving
that ordinary keys don't.

Please can someone help?

Thanks.