Import a pkcs12 certificate chain

Damien Goutte-Gattat dgouttegattat at incenp.org
Tue Apr 26 16:09:45 CEST 2016

On 04/26/2016 02:47 PM, Ian Prideaux wrote:
> The Symantec command is: pgp --new-passphrase newpp --passphrase
> oldpp --import CertificateChain.p12
>
> However, I can't figure out what the gpg2 command is, or even if
> gnupg is capable of this.

I am not sure I understand your workflow and what you want to achieve
exactly.

But, as a starting point, you must know that the gpg2 program only deals
with OpenPGP keys and messages. To manipulate X.509 certificates, you
need gpgsm (another component of the GnuPG project) instead.

Presumably, the command you need should be

$ gpgsm --import CertificateChain.p12

to import the certificate and key from the PKCS#12 file into your
keyring. Then you would probably use the --export command to export back
the certificate only and send it to your third party.

Hope that helps somehow,

Damien