Is there a foolproof tutorial to start with gpgme?

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Tue Apr 26 18:44:44 CEST 2016

> There is some ready to comple example somewhere with easy tasks like
> signature checking or compiling?

A while ago I wrote a brief GPGME application to iterate over keys on a
keyring -- I used it to benchmark whether GPGME or piping GnuPG output
to a Perl script would be faster for processing large keyrings.  I've
cleaned up the code, put a proper CMake build environment on it, and you
can download it at:

https://github.com/rjhansen/gpgme-example

Please note: since CMake doesn't have a plugin (yet) to automatically
detect GPGME, and since Homebrew's gpgme-config application is
completely broken (seriously, it refers to paths that don't even exist
on my system), certain paths are hardcoded.  Open src/CMakeLists.txt and
look at lines 2-7.  You'll need to edit those to reflect your own
system.  Beyond that, it should work for you.  If it doesn't, let me know!