gpgscm

ng0 ng0 at we.make.ritual.n0.is
Sat Aug 6 14:29:04 CEST 2016

Hi,

Justus Winter <justus at g10code.com> writes:

> Hello :)
>
> ng0 <ng0 at we.make.ritual.n0.is> writes:
>
>> While doing the update of gnupg from 2.1.13 to 2.1.14 I found out
>> that you now include a modified version of tinyscheme for running
>> your tests/opengpg/ tests.
>>
>> Are the changes you apply to tinyscheme generic enough to
>> contribute to upstream, so that we can just include a modified
>> tinyscheme software to run tests/opengpg/ tests during the check
>> phase of GnuPG?
>
> Yes they are, and I tried to push my changes upstream well before we
> merged the new test suite into our master branch.  Sadly, my efforts
> were not successful.  You can find the details in TinySCHEMEs mailing
> list archive.

Okay, thanks. I'll read up on this.

>> If they aren't, could you move the gpgscm binary outside of the
>> source of gnupg to not include bundled dependencies, or in some
>> more convinient way for you?
>
> I consider bundling of gpgscm no worse than bundling scdaemon, or say
> gpgtar.  The plan is to let it mature within the GnuPG repository, and
> once we are confident that it fits all our needs, we will move it to
> libgpg-error, and use it for other test suites too.
>
>> As there seems to be no general developer list for GnuPG I'll use
>> this list, we can move the discussion elsewhere if it does not
>> fit in here.
>
> There is gnupg-devel, see
> https://www.gnupg.org/documentation/mailing-lists.html.

Indeed, I did not see this the first time. Thanks, I'll address
questions I might have in the future to gnupg-devel.

We solved the packaging of gnupg-2.1.14 now to let gpgscm run and not
package it on its own like I first intended. Many packages depend on
this, so the updates did not make it into the recent 0.11 release image
of GuixSD and guix, but they are going to be built soon.

> Cheers,
> Justus

Thanks for taking the time to reply,
--