2 Q's

Gabriel Philippe gabri.philippe at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 12:06:02 CEST 2016

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 3:00 PM, Robert J. Hansen <rjh at sixdemonbag.org> wrote:
>> 2) What is the best way to automatically send my Public Key to message
>> recipients?
>
> Don't.  Public keys are big and a little obnoxious.  Send your public
> certificate to a keyserver.  In your email signature, you can say
> something like "OpenPGP Certificate ID: 1DCBDC01B44427C7".

Obnoxious also.
"gpg --batch --keyserver-options auto-key-retrieve" does the job, or
clicking on a button within Thunderbird. If some people don't know how
to fetch a public key from a signature, it's better not to trust
encryption with them.

Concerning key servers, unless in very specific cases, I think keys
should be on big and commonly used keyservers which synchronize among
themselves. Otherwise new signatures, IDs, and revocations will not
get propagated when people refresh their keyring.

--
Gabriel