2 Q's

Gabriel Philippe gabri.philippe at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 18:03:08 CEST 2016

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 5:43 PM, Andrew Gallagher <andrewg at andrewg.com> wrote:
> On 17/08/16 16:36, Gabriel Philippe wrote:
>>
>> Set an expiration date to your key one year from now. Every 6 months,
>> postpone this expiration date to 6 more months. It's too late for
>> these people, but in the future and same conditions, others won't have
>> a false security feeling when writing to you: if they keep using the
>> wrong tkey, they will get a warning.
>
> Computers were invented to liberate us from such drudgery.

I know several people for whom you can find public keys on keyservers
with no expiration date, who have lost the private key. Long time ago,
just testing PGP, disk crash with no backup... Sometimes they still
using the same e-mail address.

Maybe softwares creating keys should impose expiration dates, unless
in export modes. Maybe softwares using keys should automatically
postpone expiration dates and re-export the keys... But computers
can't do everything. People have to learn and understand some basics,
and practice.

--
Gabriel