OpenPGP Smartcard recommendations

Nicole Færber nicole.faerber at kernelconcepts.de
Tue Aug 23 10:53:03 CEST 2016

Hi,

as one from kernel concepts I need to apologize for the inconvenience,
we had some major reworks in our infrastrcuture these days. Now things
start to get settled again, mail should work and the website should
also be up again - but there might still be glitches, I am sorry.

We still do supply the cards, worldwide. If you have any questions,
please do not hesitate to contact me by personal email.

Kind regards
  nicole

Am 22.08.2016 um 23:22 schrieb Anthony Papillion:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I'm wanting to solidify my key security and I'm just not
> comfortable with having my OpenPGP key on my computer all the time.
> So I'd like to move to a smartcard solution.
>
> I've gone to the kernelconcepts.de page and tried to contact them
> but it looks like the domain simply isn't accepting mail and the
> site might just be a zombie. So I decided to come here and ask as
> well.
>
> Can anyone recommend a solid OpenPGP smartcard solution that meets
> the following criteria:
>
> 1) Supports up to 4096 bit RSA keys 2) Generates keys completely on
> the card 3) Can sign, encrypt, decrypt 4) Preferably has some
> tamper resistence 5) Can import an existing RSA key
>
> Also, since I'm pretty new to smartcard solutions, I'm also in the
> market for a reader. If you have any suggestions for one of those,
> I'd appreciate it too. If it makes a difference, I'm in the USA.
>
> Thanks, Anthony

- --
kernel concepts       Tel: +49-271-771091-12
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48
D-57072 Siegen
http://www.kernelconcepts.de/
Geschäftsführer: Nils Faerber, Ole Reinhardt
HR Siegen, HR B 9613