Attacks on encrypted communicxatiopn rising in Europe

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Wed Aug 24 16:23:43 CEST 2016

> He is of course not advocating torture, he's merely listing possible
> exploits, referencing to xkcd #538.

My question was, "How should we permit privacy tools to be
circumvented?"  His answer was, "You can try - someone might have used a
weak password, wrote it down somewhere or made another mistake. Or can
be pressured into telling it (the famous $5 wrench comes to mind here)."

If I ask "how should we permit privacy tools to be circumvented?" and
someone's answer is "Pressure them.  A wrench comes to mind," well...
I've received an answer to how the person believes governments should be
permitted to obtain secrets.  It's not a very good one.

> It's very difficult for me not to consider you a troll if you keep
> using these cheap rhetorical tricks.

Consider me what you will.  Couldn't care less, myself.