unable to find Sha1 checksums/ package announcements

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Aug 29 12:26:51 CEST 2016

On Mon, 29 Aug 2016 09:46, dlx9pekuv at gmail.com said:

> Have you stopped releasing announcements for certain tarballs or
> am I missing something?

I don't want to clutter the announcement list with these regular update
notifications.  I expected that only a few users have a need for these
checksums, given that gpg is part of every Linux distribution and
available in all *BSD ports.

The files

 https://versions.gnupg.org/swdb.lst
 https://versions.gnupg.org/swdb.lst.sig

have all the information including SHA-256 checksums.  They are actually
the source for the info at the website.  I would suggest to download
these files on a machine with gpg available, verify against the published
fingerprints and then use the checksums.  The tool
gnupg/build-aux/getswdb.sh can be used to automate this task.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

 /* Join us at OpenPGP.conf  <https://openpgp-conf.org> */