Proof for a creation date [GishPuppy]

Glenn Rempe glenn at rempe.us
Fri Dec 2 19:24:09 CET 2016

Unfortunately, I think the public key from that service is no longer importable in modern GnuPG.

https://gnupg.org/faq/whats-new-in-2.1.html#nopgp2

Trying to import the public key on this page results in no public key being imported. Without this the service cannot be used to verify the signature on a timestamp report (I reported this to them several years ago. No changes were made).  Also, this service is not a very secure source of time. They use their own clock. They claim some security by using an incrementing counter and publishing signed snapshots to a usenet group.  Bottom line though is this service is pretty ancient and requires a lot of trust on your part of the administrator.

http://www.itconsult.co.uk/stamper/stampinf.htm

$ gpg2 --verbose --import stamper.asc
gpg: armor header: Version: 2.6.3i
gpg: Total number processed: 3