Fwd: tar, compress, split and then encrypt a list of files

Felipe Vieira fmv1992 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 13:05:42 CET 2016

Dear mailing list,

right now I have a working workstream that gets paths from a text file and:

tar -> compress -> encrypt -> split (over each line/entry)

Probably there is a security issue here as some of the paths are dozens of
gigabytes in size.

I would like to swap the 'encrypt -> split' part but I'm unable to do so
using the GNU split functionality. Writing to disk then opening the split
files is a big performance hit.

Can I accomplish this in a single step?
(installing/using other tools is not a problem)

Best regards,

Felipe

(not signed/sent from public computer)