File perms for conf files

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Sat Dec 31 20:59:48 CET 2016

The last time I asked this I received no response, so I've been moving
forward a bit in the dark here --

> So, as some of you may remember, I've been working on something to help
> users back up their user directories and migrate them to new machines.
> We really have no good tools at present to do this, so I'm putting
> together a small Qt application to make this easier.
>
> 	https://github.com/rjhansen/sherpa

Yep, still underway.

> I'm now at the point where I need to restore files
> from a zip archive, and part of that means ensuring I have the correct
> POSIX permissions on each file.

I'm going with 0x0644 (-rw-r--r--) on the .conf files, 0x0755
(-rwxr-xr-x) on the directories, and 0x0600 (-rw-------) on all files
other than .confs.

> So, two questions:
>
> (a) Is this list missing anything important?
> (b) What's the official, GnuPG-approved permission for each?

I need to add a (c):

(c) What should the perms be on Windows?

Right now I'm just uncompressing files directly into the GnuPG data
directory on Win32.  For all I know that's sufficient; for all I know
it's wrong.