FAQ maintenance

Antoine Michard antoine.michard at chezgeek.fr
Thu Feb 4 08:23:00 CET 2016

Hi Robert,

It's a great idea to update the FAQ.

I propose to explain the different key in the keyring:
- C for Certify. This key certify all other key in your keyring
- E for Encrypt. It's use for encryption/decryption. Be aware with
encryption subkey.
- S for Sign. This key is use for sign document, message, file, etc...
- A for Authentification. You can use this key to authentificate your
self to a server/desktop (SSH, PAM)

And some subtilities with subkeys, like you should always have a backup
on your encryption subkey. Because GnuPG use the lastest key for
encrypt, and even if you have an encryption key in your master key, you
couldn't decrypt it because it was encrypted with you lastest key, your
subkey...

Antoine Michard
GPG Key: 0xF5C9E7CD0882B381