Email Self-Defense

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Tue Feb 23 02:08:04 CET 2016

Hello,

While we translate the "Email Self-Defense" guide into Japanese, I
have a thing (or will have more) to clarify.

In this section 5b, it says:

    https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en/#step-5b

    When using GnuPG, make a habit of glancing at that bar.  The
    program will warn you there if you get an email encrypted with a key
    that can't be trusted.

"The program" here means Enigmail with GnuPG, I suppose.

I think that it's quite rare to encounter this particular case; a user
would need to have a revoked or expired key (of themselves).

If it means an email with signature (encrypted or not), it makes more
sense to me.  I think that it would be better to explain more likely
cases.

How do you think?