More information on new 'external password managers' feature?

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Tue Feb 23 13:55:15 CET 2016

On 22/02/16 00:04, taltman wrote:
> Where can I read more details about this improvement?

Can't help you with that, sorry.

> Which external password managers is this intended for?

I believe the initial target audience was Gnome Keyring and possibly the MacGPG
project, but primarily to solve the issues with Gnome Keyring. But it is a
general feature.

The intended use case, AFAIK, is to have the external password manager store the
password for your OpenPGP key(s). That way, it can unlock your key when you log
in (and provide your login password). Without it, you would have to enter a
password twice each session: once to log in, once to unlock your OpenPGP key.

That's all I know. HTH,

Peter.