GnuPG 2.1 how to delete card based secret key ?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Feb 24 10:42:51 CET 2016

On Tue,  9 Feb 2016 11:38, peter at digitalbrains.com said:

> I can delete the public key; then the secret key is not listed anymore

Right.

> either. When I re-import my public key, it will instantly remember the
> card as well, so it was there all along :). I do need to set my trust
> again (not a surprise).

You may delete the stub key in private-keys-v1.d which is where
gpg-agent remembers that it has seen the key.  We don't do this
automatically because the key may also be used by other protocols (ssh
or gpgsm).

That the ownertrust is remembered may be called a feature.  IT has
always been the case and I guess it is best to leave that behavior as
is.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner