Possible values for --compress-level and --bzip2-compress-level

Josef Carnap carnap at gmx.at
Wed Feb 24 15:11:37 CET 2016

Hello everyone,

I have a question to the options --compress-level and
--bzip2-compress-level. Which are the supportet (possible)
values of each of the options? -- Numbers from 0 up to 6?
---

Here is the description of the both options in the GPG Manual:
-z n
--compress-level n
--bzip2-compress-level n

Set compression level to n for the ZIP and ZLIB compression algorithms.
The default is to use the
default compression level of zlib (normally 6). --bzip2-compress-level
sets the compression level
for the BZIP2 compression algorithm (defaulting to 6 as well). This is a
different option from
--compress-level since BZIP2 uses a significant amount of memory for
each additional compression level.
-z sets both. A value of 0 for n disables compression.

Best regards Josef

P.S. Sorry for my perhaps weird english, I'm not a native speaker.