Decrypt without importing key to keyring

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Feb 25 08:35:28 CET 2016

On Wed, 24 Feb 2016 11:34, thecissou98 at hotmail.fr said:
> Hi, is there a way to use a private key (PGP) to decrypt a message
> without adding it to the keyring. I don't want the private key to be

No there is no such way,  You may however delete the key after use.
gpgsm has a concept of ephemeral keys which are remove from the keyring
after a few hours.  This could be added to gpg as well, but I don't see
a real use case for this.

Note that OpenPGP often requires access to several keys to validate the
key.  This is not only due to the Web-of-trust but also for dedicated
revocation keys and of course to track revocations.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner