cipher used when both --encrypt and --symmetric is specified

Martin Ilchev martini5468 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 11:44:27 CET 2016

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply.

I did browse the man pages quite a bit (I am a bit afraid I browsed too
much and touched stuff I should leave well alone :))

I did set my key preferences a few months ago and made sure the key had
them as well. Here is the output of showperf:

     Cipher: AES256, AES192, AES, CAST5, 3DES

     Digest: SHA512, SHA384, SHA256, SHA224, SHA1

     Compression: ZLIB, BZIP2, ZIP, Uncompressed
     Features: MDC, Keyserver no-modify

Also here is all the stuff I have in my gpg.conf:
```
    personal-cipher-preferences AES256 TWOFISH CAMELLIA256 AES192
CAMELLIA192 AES CAST5 CAMELLIA128 BLOWFISH IDEA 3DES
    personal-digest-preferences SHA512 SHA384 SHA256 SHA224 AES256 AES192
AES CAST5 ZLIB BZIP2 ZIP Uncompressed
    s2k-digest-algo SHA512
    keyserver hkps://hkps.pool.sks-keyservers.net
    keyserver-options
ca-cert-file=/home/martin/.gnupg/sks-keyservers.netCA.pem
    keyserver-options no-honor-keyserver-url
    keyid-format 0xlong
    with-fingerprint
    cert-digest-algo SHA512
    default-preference-list SHA512 SHA384 SHA256 SHA224 AES256 AES192 AES
CAST5 ZLIB BZIP2 ZIP Uncompressed
    use-agent
```

Let me know if you need more info.