FAQ maintenance

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Fri Feb 26 16:29:53 CET 2016

> Why is it more resource intensive?

It's far more intensive of a much more limited resource: user happiness.
 Normal users tend to find hexadecimal frustrating:

"It's a *number*?  But it uses A through F."

"I don't understand.  Why do I need the long ID?"

"Wait, now I need to use the *entire* fingerprint?"

"You can't be serious: I need to give a 40-character serial number
whenever I need to identify a key?"

"What do you *mean*, future keys will be expanding to 64 characters?!"

... In all this discussion about what's mathematically optimal, I'm
dejected to see how little we're talking about human factors.