Single GPG key and multiple yubikeys

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.com
Sat Feb 27 10:17:46 CET 2016

Am Freitag, 26. Februar 2016, 12:43:54 CET schrieb Kristian Fiskerstrand:

Hi Kristian,

> > the two cards with the gpg -- homedir commandline option.

> A workaround currently could be to remove the specific keygrip files
> from private-keys-v1.d (for gnupg 2.1) for the known stubs and doing a
> gpg-connect-agent learn /bye or gpg --card status during e.g smartcard
> attachment in an udev rule etc.

This looks really good though it does not allow to have multiple smartcards
connected simultaneously.

It is my understanding that  'gpg-connect-agent learn /bye' cannot deal with
multiple cards visible simultaneously via scdaemon and pscd.

Did I overlook something?

I therefore would like to whish to be able to choose the smartcard (maybe
indirectly via keyid) as I am today already able to achieve on the commandline
using keyrings.

Why should the commandline user interface of gpg be different if the private
keys reside on smartcards compared to a keyring in the filesystem?

What do you think?

Kind Regards
--martin konold

--
Dipl.-Physiker Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n Partnerschaftsgesellschaft
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart PR 126
Firmensitz: Adolfstraße 23, 70469 Stuttgart
fon: 0711 67400963
fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de
http://www.erfrakon.com