S/MIME questions: how to set default key?

Thomas Klausner tk at giga.or.at
Sun Jan 3 22:23:56 CET 2016

Hi!

I'm trying to set up mutt with gpgsm for S/MIME.

The documentation was not easy to get together, but I'm now in a state
where I can read signed and even encrypted emails I already had.

Currently I'm stumped at signing new mails.
I always get "error signing data: Certificate expired?"

I do have two certificates, one that is expired and one that is not.

# gpgsm -K tk at giga
.../.gnupg/pubring.kbx
           ID: 0xID1
          S/N: 0...